Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nursery Chair Redo

When the hubs and I were first married we acquired this beautiful antique chair from his childhood neighbors.  I loved the detailed wood carving on the back, but since the fabric was such a "lovely" shade of pink we have always covered it with a quilt!  Well I decided when we put it in Allie's room that it was time to reupholster it!  Hubs about fainted when he saw what I had done.  He thought I had devalued the chair, but I quickly reassured him that the pink fabric was indeed not the antiquated part of the chair (although it did seem that way from its condition!).

Here it is BEFORE



AFTER



I used a natural cream color fabric with a cream ruffle.  I did the seats, and hubs did the ruffle because I got to huge to move!  My new decor rule is that if it doesn't work in at least two rooms don't buy, make or change it!  I think I read that in Better Homes and Gardens?  I can use this chair in just about any room in our home if I just change the pillows.  Best part it only cost approximately $25 for the chair redo!!  That includes the fabric from Walmart, and ruffle and tacks from JoAnns.

1 comments:

Erica said...

it looks great, good job!

Post a Comment