Thursday, June 23, 2011

Owl Baby Shower

About a month ago I co-hosted a baby shower in our home for one of my sweet friends!  The theme was owls (which I borrowed from my cousin and her friends!).  I chose owls because the baby's gender was a surprise and her boy and girl names both began with the letter H....so everything was about Whooo Baby H would be!  Here are some of the details below!

Come on it and see what we did for Baby H's Owl Shower


The cupcake table.  We picked VERY bright happy colors!  I loved them so much I wanted to redecorate my house in them.  These SUPER darling cupcakes were made my the guest of honor's SIL.


They were so cute and yummy!



The mantle with H's all over!




I went a little crazy with these poms.  They are just so pretty and easy to make!  I had a lot of people ask me about them at the shower so I will probably do a post on how to make them.


I made these cute little owl signs for everything...it's the little things that make a big difference...don't you think?

\


Table where guests could sign in and then take a treat on there way out.


The favor tags say..."Thanks for coming it was a Hoot!"



The food table.  The shower was at 2pm (after we all got our toddlers to sleep) so we served fresh fruit, veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, and Baby H cookies!


This sign idea was also  borrowed!


More poms!  Love them!


One of the co-hosts brought these gorgeous flowers (and the darling cookies)!  We put them throughout the house.  There were so bright and cheery and I LOVED the gerber daises!



I ate so many of these!  They were so good!  She ordered them from a local bakery Treat Me Sweet.




I used scrapbook paper to cover our family pictures above this table.


A few notes...
All of the paper for the signs/banners are from Hobby Lobby
Plates, napkins, utensils, etc. from Hobby Lobby
Flowers from Central Market
Matching white rectangular food trays (love these) from Party City
Pink and Blue H's on the mantel are from Walmart and I had painted them with acrylic paint from Hobby Lobby.
Pink Oval tray with party favors on them from Walmart!

Are you seeing a theme in my party "vendors"?  Walmart and Hobby Lobby! Ha!  

Also I used Microsoft Word to create all of the signs, banners, gift tags, and invites!  I get all of my fun fonts from FontStock.net

3 comments:

Megan said...

This came out great Nicole! Love the theme! :-) and I love the way you made the plates and napkins look like an owl face!! You did such a great job!

Cassie said...

It was amazing, thank you again, so much!

The Saunders Family said...

Where did you get the owl picture from that you used for your signs?

Post a Comment